Every year, we throw out over 100 billion pounds of electronic waste. Much of our waste is disposable by design, and we can help reduce waste by purchasing products that are created to last.
It is frequently more cost effective to pay a higher upfront cost for a product that has a long useful life. Created to Last is dedicated to surfacing these high-value, long-lasting products.
A business-class laptop that is 3 years old may cost the same amount as a new low-end laptop while being more durable and powerful. We do the market research and create algorithms to help you quickly and easily find these high-value items.
The products that we feature should meet the following criteria:
- Washable - Products should be able to be restored to a like-new condition even when heavily soiled.
- Timeless - Trendy products may survive physically, but their value to future generations may be significantly reduced.
- Compatible - Products should be both backwards and forwards compatible. This requirement excludes many types of electronic toys and videogames from our site.
- Durable - Products should rarely break and be expected to last for decades when properly cared for.
- Repairable - If applicable, products should be easy to repair.